Saturday 19 April 2014

Quick Tip: Pressed Powder


After a crazy two weeks of work, revision and other events I have finally had time to sit down and write a blog post! It is good to be back! Anyway, onto the make-up related goodness..


Have you accidentally bought a pressed powder that's one or two shades too dark for you? After a hasty swatch in Superdrug last week I ended up with a MUA pressed powder that just doesn't work for me. Even though it's only £1, I still won't let it go to waste.

I was about to push it to the back of my drawer when I had an idea. I have discovered that instead you can use it as a subtle contouring product. Using a small brush such as the Real Techniques Contour Brush to define my cheekbones ever so slightly, and add a little highlighter (current favourite being the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder).

I think it's a great use if you aren't too confident with contouring or if you're worried about being too heavy-handed with regular contouring kits. I really don't like products going to waste so I'm glad to have found a different use for it!

Has anyone else found this with any other products that initially didn't work out?

No comments:

Post a Comment