Saturday 1 March 2014

Speedy Nails


Is everyone enjoying the brighter mornings that have started appearing? Once you get over the "it's too light I must have overslept" panic it's quite nice to see some sunshine coming through the curtains!

Anyway, onto today's topic - I like to change my nail colour every 2-3 days, purely because I get bored easily and it means I don't have to deal with the chipping.

To maintain this I need speedy methods or it becomes more of a chore to do my nails. First up is the best and super cheap method for removing polish, Pretty Perfect Twist and Out. It is similar to the Nails Inc, Bourjois and Maybelline pots that contain a sponge soaked in acetone. I haven't tried these versions but I haven't felt the need to - the Pretty Perfect one does the job well. It is £1.99 on Amazon but I bought it in Bodycare for 99p - they have had them in stock for a few months now so I'm hoping they'll stick around.

As the sponge inside is white to begin with it does start looking dirty pretty quickly, though it is usable until the sponge starts falling apart. It only costs 99p so I'm happy to replace it every other month.

All you have to do is wipe your nail against the sponge, twist it around a little and the polish is removed! It doesn't fare too well with glitter polish, but what really does?!

This takes hardly any time and then I'm ready to apply my new colour of choice. As soon as I've finished painting one hand I'll spray each nail generously with the Elegant Touch Rapid Dry Spray, which completely dries the polish within a couple of minutes. The texture does feel quite greasy, especially as it gets all over your hands when spraying. This spray has helped me to do a quick nail change up and dash out of the house very quickly a few times!

I received the Elegant Touch spray in a Glossybox a few months ago, since then I have picked up a 99p version from Bodycare in the hope that it will do the same job - I will report back on this when I try it, the Elegant Touch spray has lasted well and is still going.

So these are my favourite products for a quick manicure - does anyone else have any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment