Sunday 23 February 2014

Amazon Beauty Haul


Now you may be thinking - "What, a beauty haul from Amazon?!" It might not be the first place you think of for one but they actually have an amazing selection at really good prices (that sounds like an advert for Amazon, but it is actually just my own love for the brand).
Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Pant in Golden Bronze and Rich Russet

NYX Eye Shadow in Autumn Sky

Collection Blush & Highlight Cream Duo in Peaches & Cream



So, I ordered:


I was originally just ordering the Real Techniques brush as the Amazon prices are significantly cheaper than Boots/Superdrug but then I kept spotting other items that I wanted to try at a much cheaper price than RRP.


For example, the two Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow paints were cheaper than buying one from Boots as they normally cost £4.99! I have been wanting to try these since Lily Pebbles mentioned them in a few videos and posts so I am looking forward to testing them out. I have been using these in my daily make-up for work and I think they are really great for this purpose. The colour lasts all day even if I touch my eyes, and they are so quick and easy to use - a massive bonus considering how little time I leave myself to get ready in the morning. Rich Russett is quite a subtle brown and Golden Bronze looks quite bright on, but not too much for a daytime look.

I bought the NYX eyeshadow on a whim really, I had recently received one in the Latest in Beauty Box but in a bright red colour (which actually looks amazing) and the colour payoff was incredible without a primer so I chose a light blue - very spring-like I’d say.


I have also developed an obsession with searching for a cream highlighter that I can use on a daily basis, this Collection one was one of the few that I could find on a budget and isn’t glittery. From the test I did on the back of my hand it has a nice shimmer to it, but I will have to test it out properly another time.


I am so impressed with Amazon’s range of products and prices - as I spent over £10 it qualified for free delivery and it arrived within two working days, which isn’t bad at all.


If you’re looking for a high street beauty product I’d definitely recommend trying Amazon just in case they have it in stock, it might be easier than trying to track down in Boots or Superdrug - I have been looking for the Collection under eye concealer for weeks and two different Boots and a Superdrug on my way home from work but still no luck!

My next order is likely to be for the Sleek Blush and Sleek Eyeshadow Palette, the latter in an attempt to satisfy my urge to buy the wonderful neutrals of the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette at an eye-watering £37.00.


Has anyone else found any bargains on Amazon?


PS. Bear in mind that the Amazon prices change quite often, since I purchased these some have gone down in price and some up.

No comments:

Post a Comment